Bend Academy offers programs for ages 2 and up for everyone from absolute beginners to highly skilled students. If you have any questions about classes or need help finding the right class for you please email email@example.com.
Fall registration is now open!
Take a look at our schedule and click the Login/Register button to be led to our online registration system. A few important notes:
- Upon registering all this is due is your registration fee ($35/student) which can be paid at this time by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are in the process of integrating the option to pay by credit card into our online registration system. Parents will be able to select monthly automated credit card payments for tuition. An email will be sent to registered families once the payment system is in place.
- Parents can also choose to give quarterly post-dated cheques (dated for Sept 1, Nov 1, Jan 1, & Mar 1) or pay in full by e-transfer, cash, or cheque.
- If you have any questions about our programs please do not hesitate to reach out. Please email email@example.com.
Our schedule for the 2022-2023 season is for Recreational & Technique (No Recital) classes only. Recreational classes perform in the year end recital whereas *No Recital (technique) classes classes are for training only and do not perform in the year end show.
Recreational classes are great if your student wants to perform on stage in the year end show. A costume is required but we try to be as reasonable as possible and find budget-friendly costumes.
Classes marked *No recital are just for training & will not participate in the year end recital. This is a great option for students who want to train just to improve, learn dance technique, and have fun without having to purchase a costume & learn a routine for the year end recital. New students can join these classes mid-season if there is space available.
Competitive classes aren’t currently listed on our schedule. If your student is wanting the opportunity to compete, please contact us! With this being our first season it’s hard to know if there is a demand for Competitive classes yet. If there is enough demand Competitive options can be offered.
|Class Type||Perform in year end recital||Recital Costume Fee ($50-$85 per class)||Can be joined mid-season (space permitting)||An awesome & fun learning experience|
|Recreational||YES||YES||SOMETIMES – only if early enough in the season for a costume to be ordered in time for recital.||YES|
|2-3 years old||Parent & Tot|
|3-4 years old||Preschool|
|4-5 years old||Kinder (Acro, Ballet/Tap, Hip Hop)|
|6-8 years old||Level 1 (Acro, Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap)|
|8-10 years old||Level 2 (Acro, Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap)|
|10-14 years old||Level 3 (Acro, Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary/Lyrical)|
|12 years & up||Level 4 (Acro, Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary/Lyrical)|
Below is a quick overview of the different dance styles & classes we offer. For a more in-depth, detailed description, including dress code for each class please refer to our Class Guide.
PARENT & TOT
For our tiniest dancers ages 2-3, an introduction to movement, music, and the beginnings of following the structure of a class.
A creative movement based class where students learn through imaginative prompts & enjoy themed classes that are engaging and fun.
A style that combines dance and acrobatic elements. Areas of focus include flexibility, strength, balancing, tumbling, limbering, and partnering.
A classical dance form teaching grace, poise, and precision and employing formalized steps and gestures set in intricate, flowing patterns to create expression through movement.
A dynamic and energetic style of dance. Learn kicks, jumps, turns, and combinations with grace, power, and performance.
A ever evolving, high-energy style of dance that emerged from street styles. Commonly seen in music videos and a favourite of those who love to groove.
A style based on intricate footwork that uses metal taps on the soles of the shoes to make rhythms and sounds.
A style of dance that expresses the meaning or feeling of a song or feeling of the music using a combination of Jazz, Ballet & Modern dance techniques.
A style that incorporates ballet & jazz technique. It is innovative, thought provoking, and modern.
Summer 2022 Session
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Location: GymKyds Gymnastics Centre, 421 Beaverhill Blvd. Winnipeg, MB
TUESDAYS – June 28-August 16, 2022
|5:00-6:00 PM||Novice Acro (Ages 7+)||$140 + GST|
|6:00-7:30 PM||Intermediate Acro (Ages 9+)||$180 + GST|
|7:30-9:00 PM||Advanced Acro (Ages 11+)||$180 + GST|
If you are uncertain which level to sign up for please email Mel (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Registration is for the full 8 weeks only. If classes do not fill up, drop-ins will be welcome to fill any available spaces.
- Students are to wear acro-friendly clothing to class & hair tied back. For guidance please see the dress code.
- All payments are to be made upon registration by e-transfer to email@example.com, cash, or cheque. Payments are not currently accepted through the online registration portal.
- No refunds beyond the second class of the term. (Ex. If a student does the first two classes of the term and decides not to continue, a prorated refund for the term minus the first two classes will be provided).
- Bend Academy does not give credit and/or refunds for classes missed due to holidays, vacation, illness, weather, etc.